PocketBook expresses great appreciation for choosing our products. We guarantee high quality and reliable performance of our products subject to the rules described in the manual. Please note that our warranty obligations to you are country-specific.
General Warranty Terms
This limited warranty covers the costs of service parts and labor required to restore your product to fully functional condition. PocketBook will, at its discretion, repair or replace the product or its defective parts subject to the terms and limitations that are set forth below. PocketBook may replace the product or defective parts with new or refurbished parts or products that are equivalent to new parts or products in both functionality and performance. This limited warranty applies to any repair, replacement part or replacement Device for the remainder of the original warranty period or for ninety days, whichever period is longer. All replaced parts and Devices for which a refund is given shall become our property.
Warranty service will be provided if the original invoice (sales receipt) and warranty card, indicating the date of purchase, model name, serial number, seller’s seal and bearing consumer’s signature are presented with the defective product within the warranty period. PocketBook reserves the right to refuse free of charge warranty service if these documents are not presented or if they are incomplete or illegible.
ATTENTION: This Limited Warranty gives you specific legal rights. You may also have other rights that may vary from state to state or from country to country. This warranty does not affect your statutory rights that cannot be excluded or limited. You are advised to consult applicable state or country laws for full determination of your rights.
Before claiming PocketBook product as defective and visiting the authorized service center please contact our call-center or the authorized service center in your country. For contacts and locations of a call-center and authorized service centers, please visit the official PocketBook International web-site at www.pocketbook.ch.
Please be advised that PocketBook provides warranty service in the country where you purchased your product. Warranty service will be provided in the manner and within the timeframe established by the local law.
This warranty does not cover transport costs and risks associated with transport of your product to and from the authorized service center unless otherwise provided for by local law.
PocketBook and its authorized service centers are not liable for damages to or loss of any programs, data or other software and files in the storage after providing the warranty service. Please back up all important data and delete all confidential or personal information before obtaining the service.
Please be advised you will have to pay for diagnostics procedure if an authorized service center discovers:
- you are not eligible for free warranty repair after the product diagnostics;
- the product works properly and no defects were found.
Please be advised the product diagnostics price varies among service centers and is not set or determined by PocketBook.
The customer agrees that PocketBook will only replace the product for defects covered by the warranty within the first 30 days after purchase date. The customer understands and agrees that the cost of replacement will be disproportionate to the cost any defect found in the device repair after the first 30 days. Any replacement after the first 30 days if performed will be performed at PocketBook’s discretion.
Products warranty period and products life
Warranty period and product life depend on the country you purchased your product and are specified in the product warranty card and last
24 months from purchase date
24 months from purchase date
PocketBook offers warranty for batteries for a period of 6 months from the date of purchase.
Accessory is a PocketBook brand name product purchased separately from the electronic device.
The customer agrees to use the accessory at his own risk. Pocketbook will not be liable for any and all damages arising from the use of accessory, to the product, whether direct, indirect, special, incidental or consequential, regardless of the legal theory asserted.
The warranty terms for PocketBook accessories are as follows:
Simple accessories (cover, slipcover)
No warranty. Sold on an "AS IS" basis.
Please contact the seller for service
6 months from the purchase date
Please contact the authorized service center for service
Simple accessories service life is 6 months from the purchase date when properly stored and used.
Hi-tech accessories service life is 9 months from the purchase date when properly stored and used.
PocketBook guarantees that all accessories are certified, wherever required by applicable law.
PocketBook does not guarantee the compatibility of hardware and software products with the software and hardware that are not included with the product, except if expressly stated in the manual. PocketBook offers no warranty, either explicitly expressed or implicitly implied, for any installed software, its quality, performance, functionality, or compatibility for a particular purpose.
Limitations and exclusions
The warranty set forth in these terms and conditions are in lieu of all other warranties, express or implied, including without limitation, implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
In no event shall PocketBook be liable for damages in excess of the purchase price of the product, for any loss of use, loss of time, inconvenience, commercial loss, lost profits or savings or other incidental, special or consequential damages or punitive damages or attorneys’ fees arising out the use or inability to use such product, to the full extent such may be disclaimed by law.
Some countries or states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, or limitations on how long the warranty lasts, so the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you.
This limited warranty does not cover:
- Consumables (component that are expected to require periodic replacement during the lifetime of a product, except accumulator batteries).
- Natural wear and tear (body device’s scrapes, scratches etc.).
- Restoration of consumer’s specific data or programs.
- If the serial number or the warranty seal of the product has been modified, removed, blurred or damaged, except due to the manufacturer fault.
- Mechanical and/or electrical extreme damages (including hidden).
- Damage caused by unauthorized repair, installation and/or replacement of any parts or programs.
- Damage caused by any abuse, misuse, mishandling, or misapplication.
- Damage caused by using the product with accessories or any other products, condition and standard other than prescribed by PocketBook.
- Damage caused by act of nature, such as fire, lightning, flood, wind, earthquake, etc.
- Damage caused by impact with any foreign objects, dropping, falls, spilled liquids, or submersion in liquids.
- Damage caused by the mismatch of supply state standards telecommunications, cable networks, etc.
- Errors caused by software incompatibilities and viruses.
- If the number of bad pixels does not exceed 0.0005% of the total number of pixels on the sensor that meets the requirements of ISO 9241-303. (For tablets only).
- If the number of bad pixels does not exceed 5 pixels of the total number of pixels of the screen. (For E Ink Products only).
- The presence of gradations/heterogeneity in the greyscale on the display that is the peculiarity of E-ink based displays and not considered to be a defect (only for E Ink devices).
For E Ink Products with front light: Please be advised the difference in light shades is caused by the technological features of the manufacture of LEDs, and is not the indicator of a product quality or other characteristics deviation. You could see a little uneven shadow at the bottom of the screen under certain lighting conditions while reading with turned on front light. This is normal and inherent in every display with front light.
When the frontlight of the device is switched on, there might appear considerably illuminated areas or dots on the screen visible from a certain angle. This effect refers to the technological peculiarity of the frontlight and is not considered to be a defect.